IMMIGRATION SERVICES CENTRE (ISC)
Welcome to the Immigration Services Center the only authorized Visa Services Provider for the Department of Immigration and Emigration in Sri Lanka.
Visitors can now apply all types of Sri Lankan visas and visa extensions directly at our approved Immigration Services Centre located in the heart of Colombo city. Applying Sri Lankan visas at our Centre is more convenient and saves valuable time as we, on applicant’s behalf, forward the visa applications to the Department of Immigration in lawful, fast and secure manner. Please contact our Immigration Services Centre for more information. Services offered by us is payable by the applicant.
Immigration Services Center is also dedicated to assist all foreign travelers visiting Sri Lanka with free dissemination of up-to-date information about Sri Lanka visas and guidelines for visa applicants. If you wish to know about Sri Lanka visa, how to apply or have question, please contact our helpdesk.
Applying visas for any country is complex and sometime cumbersome process and it is advisable to have someone to assist you specially when you are in a foreign country. We are fully geared to assist you with professionally trained staff, high quality, reliable and fast service. We firmly believe the availability of accurate Sri Lanka visa information and visa assistance to foreign tourists, businessmen, investors, workers, students and others not only provide visitors trouble free entry and stay in the country but enable to fully focus on the purpose of their visit while leaving aside paperwork to a specialist.
Our aim is to create a pleasant immigration experience for all visitors to Sri Lanka so they will have a satisfying and fulfilling visit. By doing so, we facilitate the promotion of tourism, trade and foreign investment to the country and stand alongside in the realization of Government’s journey towards making Sri Lanka: the emerging “Wonder of Asia”.
About Sri Lankan Visa
The objective of “Sri Lankan Visa” is to facilitate the legal entry of non Sri Lankans and to regulate the period of their stay and the conditions governing their stay.
Competent Authority for issuing Sri Lankan visas is the Department of Immigration and Emigration. On behalf of the Department of Immigration and Emigration, Sri Lanka Diplomatic Missions Overseas, has been authorized to issue visas.
Requirement for Sri Lankan Visa
Irrespective of purpose of travel, all travelers to Sri Lanka now need to have either Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) or Visa for entering to Sri Lanka.
Requirement for Sri Lankan Visa or ETA is exempted if you are
- Citizens of Sri Lanka
- Dual citizen of Sri Lanka
- Children born abroad to Sri Lankan parents whose birth has been registered in Sri Lanka under section 5(2) of Citizenship Act 1948 who are below the age of 21 years
- Passengers transiting to a third country by the same, or a connecting aircraft within eight hours of scheduled arrival time. These passengers must: hold a ticket, or evidence of an e-ticket, with confirmed onward reservation, hold all documents required for their next destination and not leave the transit lounge
- Citizens of Maldives and Singapore for tourism and business up to 30 daysPerson who is issued with a SAARC Visa exemption endorsement on passport
General Conditions of Visa
- Every visa granted or issued to any person shall expire on a date which is at least two months before the date of expiry of the passport held by such person.
- Validity of your visa is subject to entry into Sri Lanka during the indicated entry period.
- Permission to enter is not ensured, which is at the discretion of the immigration officer at the port of arrival.
Holder should not engage in any activity paid or unpaid other than that specified in the visa
- Visa must be utilized before the date of expiry noted on the visa.Immigration authority may require any person to whom a visa has been issued or who has made an application for the grant, issue or extension of a visa, to furnish such information, or to produce such documents, as it may consider relevant to the grant, issue or extension of that visa.
- Immigration authority may, at its absolute discretion, cancel, vary or amend such visa or any term or condition specified therein
Every visa shall cease to be valid
- On the expiration of the period for which such visa was granted or issued
- On the cessation of the purpose for which it was issued
- On the cessation of the terms and conditions subject to which it was issued
- On the non-fulfilment of the conditions subject to which it was issued
- On the cessation of the criteria on which it was issued.
- On the revocation of the visa by the Department of Immigration and Emigration
- For any other reason whereby the Immigration authority is of the opinion that the presence of the holder is not in the interests or well being of Sri Lanka.
Entry Requirement for all travellers to Sri Lanka
- A passport with at least 6 months validity
- Valid Sri Lanka visa or ETA, if applicable (refer to the Visa Requirements page for more information)
- Sufficient funds to last for the intended period of stay in Sri Lanka
- Confirmed onward/return tickets, if applicable Entry facilities to their onward destinations, if applicable e.g. visas.
- Completed Disembarkation Card Yellow Fever Vaccination Certificate, if applicable
When applying ETA by third parties payments are to be made through the arrangement made in our website www.eta.gov.lk and obtain acknowledgement of ETA application. Any payments made to other websites or agencies are not valid to process a valid ETA. Therefore, always ensure that the payments made by accessing to Sri Lanka ETA website and avoid making repayment at the port of entry to Sri Lanka.